Nissan GT-R Blitz Double Win at Paul Ricard in GT1

















Michael Krumm and Lucas Luhr led from start to finish in this weekend's GT1 Championship Race at Paul Ricard. The German duo followed up Saturday's GT1 Qualifying Race victory in the no.23 JRM Racing Nissan GT-R with more of the same in the Championship Race at Paul Ricard, making it a double win and putting themselves back on top of the GT1 Drivers' Championship standings in the process. The no.21 Sumo Power GT of David Brabham and Jamie Campbell-Walter clinched an excellent fourth place after making up seven grid positions during the course of the race, whilst there were also good drives from Enrique Bernoldi and Nick Catsburg in the no.20 car. The only sour note of the afternoon for Nissan came with the retirement of the luckless no.22 JRM, which encountered suspension problems late on in the race when challenging for third place. Speaking afterwards, Michael Krumm said: "It's a brilliant feeling to get a double victory here at Paul Ricard and jump back into the lead in the Drivers' Championship - the GT-R felt really great out there, and it handled very comfortably throughout my stint behind the wheel. Overall it really has been a perfect weekend - now it's on to the great unknown of China, which we'll obviously be approaching with a lot of confidence." Michael's team-mate in the no.23 JRM, Lucas Luhr, added: "When I left the pits I had quite a good gap but evidently the no.8 Aston pushed quite hard on his out lap, because I soon saw him coming up behind me in my mirrors and I thought ‘this is going to be close!' After a few laps the tyre pressure came up and then I could control the pace more, but I still didn't want to risk pushing too much, as we saw what can happen with tyre degradation on this track yesterday: I didn't overstretch. Once again, Michael and I need to thank the whole team for their hard work, and for giving us the wonderful tools with which we can win races. Two wins is a great feeling!" Round eight of the GT1 World Championship, in Ordos, China will take place on the weekend of the 3rd - 4th September, 2011.

Comments

Popular Posts